Venture - Zephyr (08/09)
Test Location & Conditions:
Shred Betties Says:
Although Venture bills this board as a versatile board for the whole mountain, we felt a bit more like it was designed for hucking cliffs on a 45 degree grade. It was one of the stiffest boards we tested - one of the only two boards to earn a 5 on the stiffness-o-meter. We took this board out some gates at Snowmass, and it was stable and dependable on the steepest terrain we could find. However the stiffness made it a bit difficult to maneuver, especially in some tight trees with a mellow grade… and the park rat girls shied away from this board after a simple hand flex. It was also one of the heavier boards that we tested, perhaps because it’s built to handle the rocks you hit after hucking cliffs on a 45 degree grade? The verdict: for female riders, this is probably not a quiver killer, but it’s a solid choice for girls who like a really stiff board that can handle aggressive terrain.
Rather than creating a women’s line, Venture believes that a board doesn’t know your gender, and suggests sizing your board based on your foot size and weight. The narrow waist width is appropriate for most women, and the board comes in sizes down to a 146.
Designed for all mountain versatility, the Zephyr is a quiver killer in the truest sense of the word. It transitions effortlessly between varied terrain, conditions and riding styles, and makes the entire mountain your playground. High speed carves, gravity defying jibs, bottomless pow turns, you name it. This deck is destined to become your trusty go anywhere, ride anything favorite.
FUN-O-METER RATING SYSTEM:
Stiff, burly, unisex freeride board.
2=Bit O' Pop
Big mountain stiff!
This board was awesome on:
This board was not awesome on:
Posted on 10/21/08
- Betty of the Month: Casey Lucas
- Betty of the Month: Autumn Inouye
- Erin Donnelly Ellis: Jewelry for an Active Lifestyle
- BETTY OF THE YEAR: Ashley Thornton!
- Betty of the Month Stephanie Sue Feld
- Sharing a good interview from “The Raw Livestyle”
- Spotlight Shredder: Ashley
- Spotlight Shredder: Jada
- Betty of the Month: Danielle Adams
- Signal Snowboards welcomes Melissa Riitano to the team
- Betty of the Month: Olivia Kesterson
- Vera Janssen: Dachstein Glacier
- Betty of the Month: Kaitlyn Adams
- Women in the Industry: Colleen Quigley
- Betty of the Month: Mariah Dugan