Resort Rundown: Heavenly Mountain Resort!
Heavenly Mountain Resort offers it’s guests a lot of things no other resorts can, or do. It’s got something for everyone! Whether you are a local taking laps on their well-groomed park, or a visitor enjoying the breathtaking views and nearby casinos. Where else can you shred all day, and take a short gondola ride to try your luck at the poker tables, slot machines or Sigma Derby? Heavenly boasts the greatest lake views in the basin, spans two states, and has a great freestyle team as well, including Shred Betties Team Riders Joanna Dzierzawski, Angela Halo Wilson, and Natalie Vitalie.
Joanna Dzierzawski gets the bird’s eye view. Backside 3. Photo: Dan Boshar
Heavenly and Shred Betties Team Rider Halo getting low in the High Roller park.
Along with being the largest ski resort in California with the highest summit, and the most vertical drop, Heavenly’s terrain parks are some of the most-exciting, challenging, unique and well-maintained terrain parks in Lake Tahoe thanks to the tireless dedication and passion of their Terrain Park team and manager Mike Thomas. Mike hails from the Pacific Northwest and has a past building some infamous parks including Windell’s Snowboard Camp, at Mt. Hood, Oregon, so this kid knows how to build a fun and creative park that everyone can enjoy.
SB Team rider Joanna Dzierzawski gapping to the down with style!
Another reason why we love Heavenly here at Shred Betties- they have a great freestyle team that includes Joanna and Halo, two of our current team riders and newest addition to the team Natalie Vitalie! Joanna Dzierzawski had a great season of progression this year, and is working toward her goal of participating in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. She has become one of the most consistent riders out there, whether it’s spinning frontside off her toes on an 80 foot jump or gapping to a down rail. She has some great contest standings with a 1st place at the Grand Prix, a 3rd at the Dew Tour, and 6th at the Burton US Open last year!! This chick is one to watch out for in the future as she’s got some sick style and determination!
Joanna is really good at snowboarding.. and speaking Polish!
This girl can backlip a rail better than your boyfriend. Rider: Joanna Dzierzawski Photos: Halo
Natalie Vitalie also followed up with a great season which included: 2nd place at the X-Games USASA Rail Jam, 1st place at USASA Nationals Open Class Rail Jam, and a few 1st places in local USASA Slopestyles and Rail Jams. The podium is no unfamiliar place to this girl, and she’s another face to keep an eye on, along with being a great role model for all the young rippers out there!
Check out her season edit here: http://www.shredbetties.com/sbtv/story/video_of_the_week_natalie_vitale_12_13_edit/
Heavenly also plays host to big-time events each year, such as: The Nike Chosen, High Roller Hold ‘Em hosted by Shaun White, and the US Freestyle National Championships. They have some great venues which make it easy for spectators to be a part of the event, and usually have awesome stuff like music, drinks, and fireworks to boot! Check out some more of Heavenly’s fun facts below:
- The terrain is varied at Heavenly, with 97 trails ranging from wide-open cruisers to plunging 1,600-foot chutes
- Enjoy the convenience of 29 chairlifts around the mountain, including nine high-speed lifts
- There’s no shortage of intense backcountry terrain at Heavenly, with three access gates around the mountain
- Heavenly boasts 4,800 aces of skiable terrain, making it the largest resort in California
- Heavenly’s summit is the highest in Lake Tahoe at 10,067
- At 3,500 feet in length, Heavenly’s vertical drop is the longest in California
- Straddling California and Nevada, Heavenly offers not one, but two states to explore
- With an averge of 360 inches of snowfall a year, Heavenly gets some of the best snow around
- Bluebird days are enjoyed an average of 300 days a year, so soak up some of that California sun
- Snowmaking is able to cover 73% of Heavenly’s terrain, making it the West Coast’s largest and most powerful snowmaking system
- Our famous grooming team utilize 15 Prinoth Bison X snowcats, ensuring the best snow surface conditions at Lake Tahoe
Angela Halo Wilson was featured in this video of an epic pow day at Heavenly Mountain Resort!
Heavenly’s High Roller Hold ‘Em hosted by Shaun White
Make sure to visit Heavenly next winter for an unforgettable experience! Check them out at http://www.skiheavenly.com
A big THANKS goes out to Heavenly Mountain Resort and Vail Resorts for the support this year! It’s been great riding with you all! Also, a BIGGER thanks goes out to Mike Thomas, Ashley Smith, Aaron Laub, Megan Hammit and Dan the Photographer. Thanks to all my sponsors for supporting me and making great gear. Von Zipper, Nikita Clothing, Ride Snowboards, Exit Real World, Heavenly, and of course Shredbetties.com!
Posted by angelahalo on 04/30/13